Source: limitlessdaydreams.tumblr.com via Jennifer on Pinterest
Defiant teens? Overdue bills? Empty bank account? Meh.
Paperwork drowning from 9:15am to 5pm? Pffft.
More chores then I could do if I didn't sleep for a week straight? Whateva.
In light of all the things I could (and frequently do) complain about, I am choosing this moment, today, to be thankful for some of Life's little things.
1. Boots. (my flip flops are going to be jealous...)
Boots are da bomb diggity. Pair 'em with a cute skirt, some rockin' jeans, or (if you're 19 and a size 3) some short shorts, and you could quite possibly rule the world with your sexy boot-wearin' self. Just remind yourself to de-pill your leggings before leaving the house..
2. Earrings. Whoever invented them, I love you. Would marry you, love. Errrm, would bring a really nice bottle of wine to your wedding, love. Whichever..you are awesome.
Without them, the world would be less ink filled. Pencils aren't low maintenance enough for me, and I never learned sign language.
4. Music. It makes me smile. Unless it's a sad song. Then I cry. But that usually means I needed to cry, so I'm still thankful.
5. A good smile. It's like a light fixture in a very deep closet. When it's off, you really miss it. When it's on? Everything is sooo much easier.
6. My kids. They make me smile.
7. My camera.
It always waits patiently when I'm too busy to give it attention. It quietly does it's job when I ask. It never criticizes when I make it look bad. And it fits nicely in my hand.
8. Google. Without you, I would have won many more bets with my (imagined) brilliant responses to random questions like "what are fingernails made out of?" Ok, ok...I'm not thankful you cost me bets. I'm thankful that when I find your hidden easter eggs, I get giddy like a school girl.
9. My puppy.
He puts a smile on my face, at least once a day. And then he pees. If you're peein', you're still alive, so I'm thankful.
What are you thankful for?