Tuesday, October 16, 2012

And the award goes to...

Me?

I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! Don't know what that is? I didn't either, til Tina gave me one. Apparently the rules are as follows:

* You have to list 11 things about yourself.
* Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
* Choose UP TO 11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers to nominate to get their own award.
* Post 11 questions (in your blog post) for them to answer (on their own blog).
* Go to your nominees page and inform them of their award.
* You CAN NOT tag back.

So, here goes...
Eleven Random Things About Me
 1) Flip flops are my favorite foot adornment.
 2) I forgot to feed my boys breakfast one day last week.
 3) I believe God is real, Stephen King is amazing & coffee is non-negotiable.
 4) Blue is my favorite color. Purple is my least favorite.
 5) I hate my job. This makes me feel ungrateful, but it's true.
 6) I totally heart John Mayer
 7) I love silver & white gold. Hate gold colored gold. 
 8) I think making people smile is one of the best feelings in the world.
 9) I am slowly loosing my ability to multitask efficiently, or even partially effectively. (see #2)
10) I will die without having ever eaten escargot. I'm perfectly ok with that.
11) When I wash dishes, my legs itch. Are they screaming for hydration? 


1. Name something you can't go a day without doing.
Coffee. It's an addiction.
2. If you were given the keys to a time machine, where would you go and why?
I'd go back to the day my oldest was born, soak in everything about his precious little existence I possibly could, and tell myself about all the mistakes I'm going to make. I'd remind myself that patience is a virtue, forgiveness is important, and hindsight is (almost) always 20/20. Then, I'd grab my cellphone, an IPod & my camera, and hop backwards a thousand years, give or take a few. Hi, my name is Jenn. I'm from the future. Mind if I show you this cool gadget? What's that you say? Music coming from my hands? Voices of people hidden in strange devices that vibrate? I must be a witch? Nah..just a cool chick with some technology that might give you a heart attack..say cheese!
3. Do you prefer blue or black ink?
Blue. And even more important then the color of the ink, is the thickness of the pen. Can't be too think, or too thin. I'm a pen snob.
4. What's the last thing you regretted buying?
A Tim Horton's iced coffee. In fact, I asked my daughter to kindly remind me next time that when it comes to iced coffee, I'm always disappointed I didn't hold out for Dunkin' Donuts.
5. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Dory. She is like me, only in a fish's body.
6. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
What am I saving them from? And will I go to jail or just get a fine? Important details! I'll go worst case scenario, and say yes, I will break a really really big law to save a loved one's life, limb or coffee.
7. What's #1 on your Bucket List?
Grand Canyon
8. Name the first song that comes to mind.
It Will Rain, Bruno Mars
9. If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be?
No one. My life might not be great, but no one's is perfect. At least with mine, I have what I need, and the ones I love.
10. What's your favorite game show?
What the crap kinda question is that? LOL kidding!!! I haven't watched game shows in f-o-r-e-v-e-r! I guess I'd have to say Price is Right (old school with Bob Barker). Wheel of fortune was always interesting, and Jeopardy was too hard....There was that one with slime..that always looked like messy fun. 
11. Do you own more books than movies?
Sadly, no. I used to. I wish I still did. 

~~~~~~~
My Nominations:
*** FYI, I chose to use first names, not because I'm like creepy stalker-sh, but because I want to honor the writer of the blog, not the blog itself. Hope you gals don't mind! :) ***
Elli  - I follow her 365, but she has several blogs. I love her positive vibes!
Cindy - I found her while looking for organizational ideas, etc. She's got some great ideas!
Kim - a pretty sweet food blog, with a twist!
Shavon - This lady has a great sense of humor, and I love her posts! She's a new-to-me blog, but I'll be following her, for sure!
Mom to a peanut - hehe, I don't know her first name sorry! But her blog rocks! A little DIY, a little mom stuff, a little photography, etc..check her out!

Dear Nominees, here are your questions...
1 ) If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
2) Your happiest memory from before you were 10?
3) Do you like your job? Why or why not?
4) Name the first three things that pop into your head, that start with T
5) Favorite Book?
6) Where did you meet your best friend?
7) It's 2:34 PM. Where are you on a typical day, and what are you doing?
8) Do you use coupons?
9) What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
10) Coffee or Tea?
11) If you could tell your 16 yr old self one thing, what would be?

Just wanna send out a huge thank you to Tina @ Tina's Tid-Bits for thinking me worthy of the Liebster Blog Award! This was fun!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I really appreciate that you took the time to pass the fun along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the coffee. I stayed at someone's house once and they had NO COFFEE! I don't know how they function..
    And I added the question about the game show because I know people rarely watch them nowadays. I miss the old ones.

    ReplyDelete